Lee County Individual Assistance Program
United Way is partnering with Lee County to offer application sites for Lee residents seeking help with rent, mortgage or utility payments through the Individual Assistance Program.
The participating United Way Houses are:
- Charleston Park, inside Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida, 2541 Charleston Park Drive, Alva, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday. No appointment necessary.
- East United Way House, led by Children’s Advocacy Center of Southwest Florida, 4040 Palm Beach Blvd., 8 a.m. to noon, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Call Hannah Arteaga at 239-313-7720 for an appointment.
- Sanibel/Captiva United Way House, led by F.I.S.H. of Sanibel/Captiva, 2430-B Periwinkle Way, Sanibel, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call Nitza Lopez for an appointment at 239-472-4775.
- Harlem Heights United Way Houses, within The Heights Center, 15570 Hagie Drive, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Call Nancy Sanchez for an appointment at 239-482-7706.
- Lehigh United Way House, inside Lehigh Community Services, 201 Plaza Drive, Suite 103, 1:30 to 4 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Call 239-369-5818 to schedule an appointment.
- MLK United Way House, inside Community Cooperative, 3420 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Fort Myers, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., no appointment necessary.
Social distancing and safety measures will be in effect at each location.
The documents applicants will need to file an application:
- Photo ID for head of household
- Income documentation
- Proof of loss of income
- Lease or most recent mortgage statement
- Most recent utility bills (water and electric only)